WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We are located at 409 Grant Place; Park Ridge, IL
WHAT DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BRING TO CAMP/CLASS?
We ask that all students and campers bring their own water bottles and NUT FREE Lunches and snacks. We do sell juice, soda and snacks also for $1 a piece during our breaks. We also ask that they return to class/camp with any materials we send home with them to work on.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A RECITAL/SHOWCASE/PRODUCTION?
A recital is usually produced to showcase the work of students in a camp or beginning class. While it is a performance, there is very little tech and costume aspects to these performances.
A showcase starts to incorporate technical elements of performing arts, while showcasing the students in an organized production featuring our students talents.
A production is usually done at an outside theater that is a full scripted play or musical. These programs are audition only and students must be ages 7-17 unless other arrangements are made by the Director.
WHO ARE YOUR STAFF?
Our staff are theatre professionals who have worked for many different professional companies around the United States. For more information on our staff, please check out our staff page. Every staff member working with our students undergoes a background check. We also have CPR certified staff members during our programs.
WHAT IS YOUR DISCIPLINE POLICY?
We at the WIP Performing Arts want every one of our students and parents to feel safe and able to express themselves. We have a zero tolerance for bullying and each incident will be investigated by the WIP Performing Arts. In the case that the accused party is found in fault, the student will be expelled from the WIP Performing Arts with no refund.
We have a check system at WIP Performing Arts, though we rarely find ourselves having to use them, it is in place for the safety of our students and program:
· One Check: Verbal Warning to Student.
· Second Check: A signed letter by instructor will be sent home to the parents explaining the situation and shall be returned.
· Third Check: A meeting will be called with the guardians of the student, Instructor and Parents to discuss moving forward.
· Fourth Check: Student is expelled from the program with no refund.
WHAT ARE YOUR SAFETY PROCEDURES?
· At the start of each camp/class students are shown the exits and will do a fire drill.
· Two or more staff members will be in every camp and class.
· A security camera will be in the room as a safety measure to ensure the safety of everyone at WIP Performing Arts
· Each student/camper must be signed in and out by the designated person responsible for them. Please make sure the staff of WIP Performing Arts is informed of anyone who is appointed to pick up your child(ren).
DOES MY CHILD STAY INDOORS ALL DAY DURING CAMP?
No. We actually have a private playground attached to the building where our studio is located. We will have outdoor play, and even hold some lessons outside. So rest assure your child will get sunshine during the summer months!
HOW ARE ALLERGIES ADDRESSED?
We understand that allergies are a big deal. WIP Performing Arts is a NUT FREE zone, please do not send nuts of any kind to any of our programs for the protection of all our students. Our staff is also Epipen trained for the safety of all students. We ask that all other allergies be addressed with our staff so we can put together a plan to suit your child’s needs.